Dr Ginny Ponsford
– GP with a Specialist Interest in Women’s Health
BMS (British Menopause Society) accredited Menopause specialist.
I am passionate about supporting women through every stage of their life. Historically women’s health and hormone health has been overlooked. Most medical research has been conducted on men. Many women struggle with their hormones from puberty to peri-menopause and beyond. Hormone imbalances can cause debilitating PMS, PMDD and distressing symptoms due to PCOS. The peri-menopause then brings a whole new collection of symptoms that can affect women physically, emotionally, psychologically and sexually.
Throughout the years that I have been working as a GP, I have trained extensively in all aspects of women’s health. I continue to work as a GP in Sussex and as a Menopause Specialist at King’s College Hospital, London. I believe that all women should have access to the care that they need to support them through all the hormone changes they will experience in their life, so that they can live the life they want.
- Qualified in Medicine from the University of Wales 2002
- GP since 2007 worked in London, New Zealand, East Africa with MSF & now Sussex
- British Menopause Society Recognised Menopause Specialist
- Extensive training in Bioidentical HRT at Marion Gluck Training Academy
- Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Diploma from the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
Our other doctors
of women surveyed experienced hot flushes
* May 2016 survey conducted by Ipsos MORI on behalf of the British Menopause Society (BMS) – https://thebms.org.uk